Policy for GE ACE students entering our department.
Advanced Course Mini Thesis Policy (PDF format)
FAQ for UC Undergraduates
UC Seniors Presentation (PDF format)
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (PDF format)
NOTE: Policies, rules, regulations, and curriculum outlines contained herein are subject to updating and/or changes. Every effort will be made to keep students informed of significant changes. It is imperative that you join the appropriate lUC listserv in order for the graduate office to communicate deadlines, etc., to you in a timely manner.
UC Aerospace offers graduate degree programs in Aerospace Engineering and in Engineering Mechanics, with four areas of emphasis:
- Dynamics & Controls
- Fluids, Propulsion & Heat Transfer
- Solids & Structural Mechanics
- Engineering Mechanics
Graduate School Rankings
UC Aerospace ranks in the top 10 for faculty experience and reputation according to the PhDs.org website and a study conducted by the National Research Council. See the comparison here.
- Graduate Assistantship (GA) - Provides a stipend for a ten month period (1 Sep through 30 Jun).
- Graduate Minority Fellowship (GFM) - Provides a stipend for minority students for a ten month period (1 Sep through 30 Jun).
- Graduate Research Assistantships (RA) - Stipend from research grants or contracts monies by supplied by individual faculty members.
- University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) - Covers costs of tuition and all fees except the general fee.
- Graduate Scholarships - competitively awarded scholarships to eligible students. Information regarding these awards and application requirements will be announced to graduate students each year by the director of graduate studies when the information becomes available.
- University Research Council (URC) Summer Fellowships/Assistantships - financial aid available on a competitive basis for the summer.