Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering & Engineering Mechanics
PhD, 1994: University of Cincinnati
Office: 722 Rhodes Hall
Mailing address: P.O. Box 210070, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0070
Phone: (513) 556-3367
T & H, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.Courses offered 2005-2006
- 20 AEEM 480 001 COMPUTATIONAL MECH, 05A
- 20 EGFD 707 001 ADV FINITE EL III, 05A
- 20 EGFD 705 001 F E TECH I, 06W
- 220 MECH 525 INTRO FIN ELEM I, 06W
- 20 AEEM 597 001 COMPOSITE STRUCT, 06S
- 20 MECH 526 INTRO FIN ELEM II, 06S
- 20 EGFD 706 001 F E TECH II, 06S
- Impact dynamics
- Nonlinear finite element mthods
- Application of numerical methods for structural mechanics
- Finite element simulation of strength and deformation of composite materials
- Crashworthiness and impact simulation using the Explicit FEM (LS-DYNA3D)
- Implementation of material models in finite element codes (like ABAQUS and DYNA3D)
- Tabiei A, Ivanov I, "Materially & Geometrically Nonlinear Woven Composite Micro-mechanical Model with Failure for Finite Element Simulations," IJ of Nonlinear Mechanics, 39, pp 175-188, 2004.
- Tabiei, A. and Wu J., "Three-dimensional Fracture Models Implementation for Explicit Finite Element Simulation With Automatic Crack Growth," IJ of Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol 57, No. 13. 2003.
- Tabiei A, Song G, Jiang Y, "Strength Simulation Of Woven Fabric Composite Materials With Material Nonlinearity Using Micromechanics Based Model," J Thermoplastic Composites 16: (1) 5-20 Jan 2003.
- Ivanov I, Tabiei A, "Collapsible Shell Finite Element For Composite Materials," Finite Elem Anal Des 39: (4) 343-354 Feb 2003.
- Ala Tabiei and Romil Tanov, "Sandwich Shell Finite Element For Dynamic Explicit Analysis," IJ of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 54: (5) 763-787 Jun 20 2002.
- Tabiei A, Yi WT, "Comparative Study Of Predictive Methods For Woven Fabric Composite Elastic Properties," Composite Structures 58: (1) 149-164 Oct 2002.
- Tabiei A, Ivanov I," Computational Micro-Mechanical Model Of Flexible Woven Fabric For Finite Element Impact Simulation," IJ Numer Meth Eng 53: (6) 1259-1276 FEB 28 2002.
- Ivanov I, Tabiei A, "Flexible Woven Fabric Micromechanical Material Model With Fiber Reorientation," Mech Adv Matl Struct 9: (1) 37-51 Jan 1 2002.
- Ivanov I, Tabiei A," Three-Dimensional Computational Micro-Mechanical Model For Woven Fabric Composites", Composite Structures 54: (4) 489-496 Dec 2001.
- Romil Tanov and Ala Tabiei, "Computationally Efficient Micromechanical Woven Fabric Composite Constitutive Models," J Applied Mechanics, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 553-560, Jul 2001.
- Tabiei, A. and Chen, Q., "Micromechanics Composite Material Model for Crashworthiness Applications", J Thermoplastics Composites, 14: (4) pp. 264-289 Jul 2001.
- Ala Tabiei and Jin Wu, "Three Dimensional Nonlinear Orthotropic Finite Element Material Modle For Wood," Composite Structures, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 143-149, 2000.
- Romil R. Tanov and Ala Tabiei, "Finite Element Implementation Of A New Sandwich Homogenization Procedure," Composite Structures, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 49-58, 2000.
- Ala Tabiei and Romil Tanov, "A Nonlinear Higher Order Shear Deformation Shell Element For Dynamic Explicit Analysis: Part I. Formulation And Finite Element Equations," Finite Elements In Analysis & Design, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 17-37, 2000.
- Ala Tabiei and Romil Tanov "A Nonlinear Higher Order Shear Deformation Shell Element For Dynamic Explicit Analysis: Part II. Verification Examples," Finite Elements In Analysis & Design, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 2000.
- A. Tabiei, Y. Jiang, W. Yi, "A Novel Micromechanics-Based Plain Weave Fabric Composite Constitutive Model With Material Nonlinear Behavior," AIAA Journal, Vol. 38, No. 5, May 2000.
- Tabiei, A., and J. Wu, "Validated Crash Simulation of the Most Common Guardrail System in the USA," IJ of Crashworthiness, Vol. 5 No. 2, pp. 153-168, 2000.
- Reviewer for several journals
- Session developer and chairman, Symposium on Structural Similitude and Size Effect of Metallic and Composite Materials and Structures, ASME, Winter Anannual Meeting, Nov., 1997, Dallas, TX.
- Session chairman, Symposium on Textile Composites, 4th International Conf erence on Composite Engineering, Big Island, HW, 1997.
- Session Co-Chair, Symposium on Crsahworthiness and Accupant Protection in Transportation Systems, ASME, Winter Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, 1997.
- Session Co-Chair, Symposium on Sandwich Construction for Large Transport Aircraft, ASME, Winter Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, 1998.
- Session Chair, Twenty-Third Annual Symposium on Aerospace Science & Technology, Dayton, OH, April 1998.